Monday, September 05, 2005

WE FOUND THEM!!!

Tonight, as I once again dialed Chuck's cell phone, as I have done probably a hundred times over the past week, a man's voice answered!
I was stunned, and said "WHO IS THIS?"
He answered, "This is Chuck, WHO is THIS?"
I then proceeded to burst into tears and could hardly get the words out to say that it was me and that we have been so worried!
He and Flora were diverted in their evacuation attempt and made it to a hotel in Hattiesburg and got the LAST room...
They have been without power until last night, and phone until today.
They are making plans to head to Texas to temporarily stay with Chuck's sisters in Dallas and Austin...
They want to stay on the west side of LA so that they can head back when possible to retrieve belongings and check on job situation.
According to Chuck, though, they are not particularly interested in staying in New Orleans after that... go figure... :)
That's all we know for now...
Thank you all for your prayers, and just so you know...
I love each and every one of you with all my heart and I am so glad that you are part of our lives!
(unless of course, you are just some random person that I've never met that stumbled upon my blog... ha, ha)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen...I am so happy to hear that they are okay!!! I will keep them in my prayers that they are able to relocate easily and that some of their belongings are still intact!
Love ya,
Natalie

Anonymous said...

Jen,

That's great news! Natalie just told me about it. I know you guys are so relieved.

How's your back; any better?

Well, I gotta get back to work. I love you guys!

Jim

Anonymous said...

We would love to have Chuck's cell phone number. Does it require an area code as well? If so, which? Love, Dad

Timberlace Designs said...

Thank you Natalie and Jim and Deb for your prayers...You know how much that means to us..
We all love you all...

Anonymous said...

jen and tim,

even though i live here i want to go on the blog to officially say how much i appfeciate all the prayers and concern that was shown for flora and chuck.

not just here in this house, although that was more than i've ever seen, but everyone we know was praying for them.

ain't God great?

m.e., nana, mom