Sunday, July 13, 2008

a gardening we will go...

I have a garden.
Yes, folks, it is true... The girl who couldn't even keep a plastic plant looking healthy and vibrant now has not just a garden, but a HUGE garden!
And not only that, but an organic one! Which means that I can't just spray the bugs with bug killer...I have to be creative in getting rid of them...Like smushing bug eggs and hand-picking the bugs off the plants! BLEH.
But I'm doing it!
I have taken over Noelle's garden plot while she is in Colorado this summer and I have planted, well... ALOT!
Here's the list and some pics!!!
Corn, corn and more corn
22 tomato plants!
Okra
Squash
Zucchini
Green Peppers
Red Peppers
Jalepenos
Canteloupe
Watermelon
Cucumber
Lettuce
and that's it...

Can't believe it without seeing it? Well here you go... I have posted pics from a few weeks ago and then some taken today. It is so amazing to watch how fast it all grows!
It is soooo fulfilling to do this... I can't even tell you.

the garden about 3 weeks ago...

the garden today!!! (notice the massive number of corn stalks in the rear...)

yeah, we'll be eating corn for awhile!

the watermelon plants 3 weeks ago... so cute.

the watermelons today! whoo-hoo!!! we have around 12-15 melons already!


this is a squash...no before pic, only today...


this is a tomato plant from 3 weeks ago...

and today!


this is our spring mix lettuce...

and finally, one of my "patio container" tomato plants with my very first tomato ever!!!

(I have 3 on my front porch)

(we ate it and it was amazing, of course)

Thanks for sharing my gardening joy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am SO PROUD!

morganrenee said...

I love all the fun posts!!
Thanks so much!!
*morgs

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your comment on the ful-filling experience of gardening. What a NEAT set up!

ian said...

Ive' never seen a page like this before its so really helpful keep on making a page like this, Thanks for sharing....