Friday, September 29, 2006

sourdough starters and a feasty feast....huh? :)

I learned how to make a sourdough starter this week. My first attempt at actaul sourdough bread was a disaster though. It was soooo sour that we had to throw it away.

But I've got the hang of it now.

We have been feasting on sourdough delections all week... sourdough bread with homemade honey butter, sourdough blueberry pancakes, sourdough biscuits...

yum.

By the way, as a postscript to my last post, I have slowly added yeast and natural sugars back into my diet over the past week, now that I am on the natural meds from Flora. Supposedly, you don't have to follow the diet when you are on the special probiotics... Whoo-Hoo! :)

But I made it two and a half weeks with no bread, no sugar!

Anyone who knows me, knows that was by the grace of God. :)

Speaking of feasts, Chloe has decided that our "kitchen" table (where we eat) is to be rechristined the "feast" table.

Really.

She also has decided that it is appropriate to say the word feast as many times as humanly possible during said "feast."

For example,

"Mommy, are we gonna sit at the feast table again tonight?"

"This is such a feast, Mommy"

"Nini, hurry up and eat your feast"

"This sure is a yummy feasty feast!"

"We are feasting at the feasting table!!"

"This is the best feast ever!"

And so on and so forth....the whole night!

Too cute.


"



Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can have your "feasty" with me anytime, little girl.

won't be too long till Christmas!

love, nana

Anonymous said...

i am so praying for you and your recovery.
i know that our prayers are being heard and answered now.
bless you.
mom