Sunday, September 17, 2006

you mean i can't make my cupcake and eat it too?


Yeah, you heard right, I made cupcakes, FROM SCRATCH, and didn't eat them.

:0

I hosted a baby shower for my good friend Audrea today, and so yesterday we spent the day getting ready for the party. Best way to get hubbie to mow the yard, and kids to clean up the house....Throw a Party! Just Kidding, sort of.

Anyway, I spent the day in the kitchen baking cupcakes. I did some cupcake research online and found out that:

1. Cupcakes are obviously the new fad in the big cities. There are even cupcake bakeries...

2. Many, Many people are obsessed with cupcakes...

3. I LOVE CUPCAKES! They are soooo fun.

Check out the following links in your free time to see some outrageous cupcake lovers...incudes photos and some pretty interesting recipes...

http://www.cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/

(3 gals who are obsessed with everything cupcakes...)

http://www.cupcakeblog.com/

(very informative baking blog)

http://www.52cupcakes.blogspot.com/

(one cupcake recipe a week, all year long...)

Anyway, I made vanilla bean cupcakes with spearmint laced buttercream frosting and pink-tinted white chocolate decorative M's. Whew.

No, really, I had so much fun making them. I really love being creative. It is totally therapeutic for me. I did allow myself one bite of a finished cupcake when we were done yesterday, just to make sure it tasted okay.

It did. :)

Oh, and something else that was so neat... My friend Nichole, who has been my encourager during this crazy diet, decided to join me in having no sugar today... just to support me, because as she said, "I knew today was going to be really hard for you..."

She made me cry.

Anyway,

Here are some pics from the baking and from the shower... and yes, there are LOTS of pictures of my cupcakes, but if you knew how many OTHER times I have baked and ended up with nothing but a frosting and flour covered kitchen and self, and nothing worth showing at the end...you would understand the pride in THESE cupcakes. (Noelle, you are with me on this, right? I remember in particular a certain birthday at the Lincolnton house, with a "flower" cake and many, many icing colors and well...disaster of course...but it has always been fun, and I truly missed you yesterday.)

Also, I just thought that the pictures looked cool! Tim took the ones of me squeezing the icing... those are particularly neat.

So, all that to say, NO HARD TIMES ALLOWED!!! :)










Audrea and I

Audrea is about to pop! I think she's ready to be done, don't you?

It was a diaper shower, so a break from the diapers was welcome...

More diapers!


Nichole and her new 5 week old, Hank Adam II

I just though this was so sweet... It is a doorknob hanger thingee!


That's all folks!

Blogged with Flock

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only please remember not to forget to keep in mind: cupcakes aren't only a dessert, they're also a 3 month relationship with your hips.

Anonymous said...

We used to get Tim to mow the lawn by telling him that rain was God crying. When Tim would ask why God was crying, we thought it was cute to tell him: "Probably because you didn't cut the grass." If that doesn't work, hide his beer around the yard.

Anonymous said...

i know it is late to post a comment on this now, but i just got my (ollllddddd) computer to pick up the pictures.

you (jen) are looking so SLIM i was amazed. you look great, kid.

love ya,

mom